I upgraded from a relatively recent 7.8.1 nightly to the 7.9rc. At first
missing icons in playlist after the upgrade. But after a complete
clear&rescan library plus a reboot of my (LMS/)NAS, icons where there
and the same was a few new submenus items in the My Music library menu
which I didn't notice before the clear/rescan and reboot.

When coming from anything < 7.9 a full wipe/rescan will be triggered automatically. Maybe it was still running.

Another issue I've seen on ReadyNAS (though a Duo v2) is that the old task didn't shut down properly before the installation tried to start the new one. This resulted in the new task to fail startup, as another server was already running.

Right now LMS hangs when trying to enter submenus (Like for example
Playlists) in Spotify (official plugin). I don't know if it is caused by

Could you please check your server.log file for any hint about what was wrong there?

--

Michael