Ah, I probably misunderstood you before when you asked me to disable
images in the browser. I disabled images in my browser's settings.
Didn't see the little option-dropdown in the lower left of columns.
And yes, disabling images directly in the UI by selecting "Text only"
does indeed solve the performance problem.

That's ok. Both tests make sense.

But I'll try. As far as I can see, you are only adding lines?

Yes, the first line is storing a timestamp, the others will tell us what exit path the call took, and how long it took to get there.

What does ip_is_private mean?

It's a call we use to figure out whether a URL is internal to your network, or out in the wild. The issue I fixed a few weeks ago was that failed lookups would take really long on Windows. I wonder whether we're seeing something similar in your case.

And I apparently cannot use some functions of the router, such as it's
built-in DDNS Client.
My router says my WAN ip-number is something like 100.96.xxx.xxx, but in
reality I'm something like 89.23.xxx.xxx when seen from "the outside".

I don't think this is related. Yet it's good to know. What kind of ISP are you using? Cable or DSL?

--

Michael