doncmdr wrote:

> I did not find a way to run a different version of LMS on the Synology,
> as there is only one version offered by Synology and the LMSRepack
> repository that I found seems to have shut down.

Indeed, I stopped creating packages for Synology. To time consuming with
over 12 different architectures and different OS versions.

drmatt wrote:
> No direct experience but is it likely the Synology goes to sleep and
> only wakes on connection using a storage protocol (i.e. cifs/NFS or a
> browser connection)?
Could be, but Synology nas don' t hibernate that easily. A lot of
packages prevent the nas to hibernate, LMS included. My bet would be on
the sloppy LMS update Synology provided.

> I think a second point is that fewer and fewer people are using the NAS
> builds of LMS when the rPi version is so much better performing and
> better supported.
Better support? Yes, I agree. Better performance? You could be so wrong
here, most products in the current Synology portfolio outperform a
Rasberry ;-)

-LMS on Raspian Stretch -> 2x Radio
-RPI 3 ('Mopidy + Raspotify' (http://moodeaudio.org/)),  Allo Boss DAC-
Exposure 3010S2 - PMC FB1i