Since which build?

Just since THIS sepcific build from last friday r1529096694.
I try every nightly and do a "new & changed"-scan every day (sometimes
twice a day), so I would have recognized if this had happened earlier

Ok, then that's interesting: the last change I did was specific to Windows and how it tries to handle long filenames. Can you do a BMF and see whether file names are still correct?

Would you happen to have files with non-latin characters (Chinese, Cyrillic, Hebrew etc.)?

See https://github.com/Logitech/slimserver/pull/206

Yes, I've recognized this, too, some one or two builds ago - it slowed
down the server VERY much (a new&scan lasted 2-3 hours instead of 15-20
minutes, but it happened only a few times, normally the scan was in the
"15-20 minutes window")

Oh, that's rough... I don't know whether you had seen the discussion which lead to this change: there was a user reporting crashes with his collection even larger than yours. And it was crashing running out of memory during the vacuum stage of the scan. That's where the whole database would be re-written to optimize disk space allocation. Previously this would have been run in memory, and only be written to disk when done.

How large is your library.db?

--

Michael