Today I found the server unresponsive, and on examining Windows services
found it in the 'stopping' state. Unable to get it stopped, I was forced
to reboot the server. This has happened one time before on the same
server, and one time on the second server.

With 7.9.2, too, or some older build?

Below is the end of the most recent server log. It may have something to
do with new/change scans, which I have scheduled to run each night via
the 'Rescan Music Library' plugin, or maybe not.

Are you using any 3rd party plugin which might hook in to the scan? Eg. my Music & Artist Information plugin? It seems the scan is run in the main server process, which should hardly ever happen.

--

Michael