Hi,

Just sharing how I got LMS 7.9.2 working with FreeBSD12.1. As can be
found in the spotty 4.4 thread I had great help from mherger to get
Spotty running as well.

Some caveats:
- Spotty can be overwritten by next upgrade
- Server throws some errors now and then but nothing that has caused it
to stop so far
Note: the hack here is first of all the patch that allows perl5.30 to be
used and for Spotty the Methods.pm being inserted is for a newer version
of Perl.

Versions:
FreeBSD 12.1-RELEASE-p10 amd64
logitechmediaserver-7.9.2.g2018.12.10
Spotty v4.4.0

1. Downloaded patch for LMS from
https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/at....cgi?id=211267
2. Put patch in /usr/ports/audio/logitechmediaserver
3. Did #patch pkg-plist lms.pkg-plist-12.1.diff in
/usr/ports/audio/logitechmediaserver
4. Did portmaster audio/logitechmediaserver
5. Downloaded Spotty source code from github
https://github.com/michaelherger/spotty
6. Installed rust #pkg install rust
7. Extracted spotty source code (unzip) and in the spotty folder did
#cargo build --release
8. Copied the resulting spotty to LMS plugins #cp spotty
/var/db/logitechmediaserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/spotty-custom
9. Set owner on spotty-custom to slimserv #chown slimserv
/var/db/logitechmediaserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/spotty-custom
10. Renamed existing Methods.pm #mv
/usr/local/share/logitechmediaserver/CPAN/Net/HTTP/Methods.pm
/usr/local/share/logitechmediaserver/CPAN/Net/HTTP/ORGMethods.pm
11. Downloaded Net-HTTP-6.19.tar from
https://metacpan.org/pod/Net::HTTP::Methods
12. Extracted new Methods.pm from Net-HTTP-6.19
13. Moved new Methods.pm to
/usr/local/share/logitechmediaserver/CPAN/Net/HTTP/Methods.pm
14. Restarted logitechmediaserver

Greetings
SoundLover