I've had issues with LMS Alarms for ages.  I've pretty much given up depending
on it.

There used to be Alarm volume settings, but now there isn't a setting for alarm
volume?  If I play some ambient music and fall asleep at night, when the Alarm
comes on in the morning it's at a low volume which fails to wake me.

Sometimes the Alarm doesn't start in the morning at all.

I've always disliked the changes to go into "Alarm Clock mode", displaying just
the current time, with no means to switch to the Now Playing screen without
stopping the alarm and then restarting the playing track.  Often I wake up to
something random and think "What is that song?".

I do still have an alarm configured, but often I wake via my smart watch
buzzing on my wrist, or smart phone.  If music starts playing on my SB3 too,
it's a bonus!  I use my phone to identify the playing tune, and the SB3 is more
or less just a clock display.

Phil