From: Prof Jagan Mohan Reddy [mailto:drjaganmohanre...@gmail.com]
Ten Great Rules of Thumb For Teams

*       When we meet, let's turn up on time and stick to the important items
on our agenda.

*       If we have problems with the way the team is working, let's share
what we think for the benefit of the team.

*       If you raise a problem, offer your best idea for a solution at the
same time.

*       Respect each other's need for privacy, particularly in the open plan
office, and only interrupt when it's urgent.

*       No sandbagging, always report the truth about the status of our part
of the business situation and what we need to be successful.

*       If we say we'll deliver something on time, then we deliver the
completed product by that date or give the team an early warning well ahead
of the due date.

*       Meetings are expensive. We make them productive by setting clear
outcomes at the start and recording our agreements in writing.

*       We don't gossip about each other. If we have criticism of each
other, we do it face to face and privately and not by taking sides with
other colleagues.

*       Diversity means growth. We respect and celebrate the benefits we get
from differences in gender, race and nationality.

*       Avoid communication clogging. We send brief emails and voicemails to
the people that need them only.

The greatest opportunities for growth lie in the minds of leaders and their
teams.When leaders recognize their shortfalls and how to control them,
compensate for them or cast them out, it ignites the flames of growth and
confidence. These newly determined leaders go on to accomplish and inspire
their teams through the best use of their strengths, clarity, and attitude.

-
Dr A Jagan Mohan Reddy
Hands that serve are holier than the lips that pray