Hi,

I've been porting a script that existed in 2.49 to 2.5, and realized that there might sometimes be a need for operators to open property dialogs, e.g. popups that don't execute the operator until the user clicks an "OK" button. I discussed what would be a good solution with Campbell and eventually came up with this. I've uploaded patch #21680 which adds the invoke_props_dialog() python metod, which will open such a popup.

The popup works exactly like the one created by invoke_props_popup() (code is very similar) except it also adds an OK button. Instead of executing the operator everytime a property changes, it will only execute it once the OK button is clicked, at which point it will also close the dialog, and show any pending reports.

I'm attaching the patch here as well. I appreciate all comments, as I'm new to blender development and very eager to learn and to improve as a contributor!

Cheers
/Richard Olsson