Hi all,

I would like to propose two features for inclusion in 2.66:

[#29035] Vertex colour baking [1]
This patch adds the ability to bake directly to vertex colours.

[#29680] SPH Fluid Density texture [2]
This patch modifies the Point Density texture to sample its density directly
from the SPH density field. The shape of this field is different to the radius
& falloff summation currently used by the Point Density texture - and it will
even differ based on the chosen SPH solver. This allows for better analysis of
SPH fluids. Note that the tracker says the patch adds a "new texture type";
that is no longer true; it just adds a new density source to the existing
texture type.

The vertex colour baking patch works well, except that some occasional
artefacts are present in baked shadows. There are no bugs that I know of in the
fluid density texture.

Are there any objections to applying these to trunk?

Cheers,
Alex

--
Alex Fraser