Theres been some issues with OpenMP, but am wary of kicking out entire
technology just because we can't set an environment variable? (ok, of
course theres more to it - but seems a weak reasoning still).

Regarding OSX - Clang is preparing to use OpenMP from Intel, so
situation on OSX likely improves soon: http://clang-omp.github.io
clang's development moves at quite good pace so think its reasonable
to expect this is usable soon.

We had problems with Windows & setting env vars before, where we
weren't able to set CPython's stdout encoding.
https://developer.blender.org/T31555

It may be good to use some stub (BAT/COM/EXE) to launch blender on
Windows, then we don't run into a wall whenever some library needs an
env var set.

- Campbell