Hi,

[not sure this best belongs to bf-committers or bf-python...]

I am currently developping an addon making heavy use of OpenGL/bgl (and BTW
gpu.offscreen, which seems to do exactly what I was lacking for in terms of
Framebuffers... thanks Dalai & reviewers!).

Still there is one only thing that seems not to work for me:
bgl.glVertexAttribPointer. Reason for that is, I would use (void*)0 (or NULL
maybe) as the last parameter in equivalent OpenGL/C code, that last parameter
representing an offset in the buffer, which seems not to be possible currently
with bgl.Buffer.

So I thought I'd need to implement a kind of special bgl.Buffer (maybe stored
as a variable in bgl or even, static in bgl.Buffer) internally mapping to
(void*)0 or NULL. But then I realized it could sometimes be helpful to specify
other offsets, say (void*)4, etc.

At this point I decided it would be better to ask more people before diving in
the code. ;-)

So, what do you think about that? Do you know about a workaround in bgl? Is the
implementation of special bgl.Buffer a possibility?

Note that I do have a temporary workaround -
OpenGL.GL.glVertexAttribPointer(..., ctypes.c_void_p(None)) in the middle of
bgl code - but that's not very nice, uses external package, etc. Moreover,
without such as special bgl.Buffer or any similar alternative the function
bgl.glVertexAttribPointer simply is mostly useless.

Thanks,
Quentin