Hi all,

Until now, when we had a version, the splash was changed at the end when the
release was made. With the new way of working, the version is changed at the
beginning and appears in the splash, and we follow the development  in the
master branch. The release of the previous one has its own branch
(blender-v2.81-release).

If we decide that master is the new version (in this case 2.82), the logical
thing would be to change the splash at the same time that the version change is
made, so the developing version would have a different splash. Now it is very
strange to have a different version in the splash, but with the same image from
the previous version. Perhaps that splash could be the definitive of 2.82 or
something more generic like the one we used during the development of 2.80.

This is just an idea that I wanted to share with you to see the different
opinions. Anyway, if you think it is not necessary, forget it.

Regards,
Antonio Vazquez