Hi Thomas,

Communication on this is not clear now. It is not about 'commercial'. The issue is that:

- We want to implement fair and uniform rules for all default add-ons in Blender releases.

- Base line is that each add-on that gets bundled, is meant to function at the same quality level as other Blender features. What we require from C/C++ we also require from scripts.

This implies that:

- Blender does not include add-ons in a release that require internet to work, unless it connects to blender.org based on explicit user permission. For such (new) add-ons we will start a new module on blender.org.

- Blender does not include add-ons in a release that require to install additional modules.

- Blender does not include add-ons in a release that create a bridge to non-free (non GPL compliant) software.

If people know better ways to word it, be my guest :)

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal - t...@blender.org - www.blender.org
Chairman Blender Foundation, CEO Blender Institute / Studio
Buikslotermeerplein 161, 1025 ET Amsterdam, the Netherlands