On Mar 9, 2015, at 11:04, Christiaan Hofman wrote:

> On Mar 9, 2015, at 5:12, Dr. Adam M. Goldstein PhD MSLIS wrote:
>
>> Hi all
>>
>> Can someone send me a copy of the signing certificate for BibDesk so I can
>> build it for release? Mine is either out-of-date or has been deleted or
>> rendered inaccessible in some way since last time I was doing the builds.
>>
>> Or else give me some pointers on how to create the certificate?
>>
>> I have finally managed to get my OS to work well with sourceforge
>> authentication, and I am ready to do a new release—but this is the one thing
>> in the way.
>>
>> I can go ahead without the certificate, but I think that would generate
>> errors for users.
>>
>> This is an area I am not as familiar with and any help is appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Adam
>>
>> ————————
>> Adam M. Goldstein PhD, MSLIS
>
> You can make your own signing certificate using the certificate assistant in
> Keychain Access. There is some documentation in the Keychain Access help and
> also in qthe Xcode documentation.
>
> Christiaan

I am not sure if you can find it in the xcode docs (I am not sure if it's still
there this way). But basically these are some steps:

1. Use the Certificate Assistant in Keychain Access.app (Create a
Certificate...)
2. Name is "BibDesk Signing Certificate", type is Self Signed Root, and you
want to override some defaults
3. You may want to increase the serial number (you're creating a new one), I am
using a validity for 5 years, and it's a Code Signing certificate
4. Fill on some location information for yourself
5. The rest are the default settings

HTH
Christiaan