I like this better than the round one as well. I am not completely sure about
how it will look at small size and lower rez. Also not completely sure about
the 3d effect on the pen.

Also 2 images seem to have the wrong size.

But I must agree that the current icon is rather blocky in modern systems. I
think it was made as a 128px image, just resized to larger size. That’s rather
small with the current 1024px maximum size.

What do others think?

Christiaan