It seems to have to do with the redirect. The link you mentioned redirected to
the POST URL on BibDesk. On some other browsers I get
<https://login.dcu.ie/idp/Authn/UserPassword
<https://login.dcu.ie/idp/Authn/UserPassword>>, which does seem to work in
BibDesk. But I also get the wrong POST site in other browsers when it does not
directly redirect and I click the little redirect button I get there. But I
don’t know why it would not redirect all the way, as we’re not involved in
that, that’s all WebKit, we don’t influence that.

Christiaan

Christiaan