On Nov 8, 2018, at 06:56, Christiaan Hofman <cmhof...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8 Nov 2018, at 15:14, Adam R. Maxwell <amaxw...@mac.com> wrote:
>>

>> It looks like NSPasteboardType doesn't exist in the SDK.
>>
>> /Volumes/Local/Users/amaxwell/build/bibdesk-clean/BDSKPersonController.m:503:93:
>>  error: expected a type
>> - (void)pasteboard:(NSPasteboard *)pboard item:(NSPasteboardItem *)item
>> provideDataForType:(NSPasteboardType)type {
>>

> I get really annoyed by Apple defining a separate type for everything. And
> then their docs don’t even say WHEN they defined that type, they just lie
> about it. And then the compiler complains when you don’t use that type
> because your older system does not support it. Of course the header says that
> the NSPasteboardType was defined on 10.6+, that’s just a lie.

Yeah, I wouldn’t have realized that didn’t exist on older SDKs, based on the
header. There’s so much Swift crap in there that they’re as unreadable as C++.
I remember hating -valueForKeyPath: because you’d lose help from the compiler,
but I think they’ve gone way overboard here with type insanity.

-- adam