On Oct 5, 2007, at 12:20 PM, Christiaan Hofman wrote:

> Could it be that you've enterded something in the search field? We
> pass the search string for opening the PDF, and IIRC Preview then
> zooms in on the result.

Ah, that's it.

I have to say I have decidedly mixed feelings about this feature.
Here's the problem. Let's say I want to view a paper by a particular
author, so I search on the author's name. That nicely identifies all
the papers by that author. I now have a dilemma: if I immediately
double click the pdf icon, the paper will open in preview, but zoomed
into the author's name, which I don't want. However, if I cancel the
search so that preview will open the paper the way I want it, I lose
the filtering I'm using to find the paper in the first place.

I wonder, does anyone actually use this feature? If so, how?

--
Chris