Hi, the table is set up to allow both adding files as new references
and updating an existing reference.
Try dropping the file between the rows. Move the file around on the
table until the entire table is highlighted, not just a single row.

Hope this helps,
-mike

On 10/5/07, Ingrid Giffin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Dear Bib-Desk users,
>
>  I am a newbie trying to climb the learning curve. I have read in the manual
> that I should be able to create a new record by dragging a PDF into the
> reference window. However, when I do this, I do not get a new record.
> Instead, the PDF is added to whichever record I put it on top of. Am I
> missing something?
>
>  The only way I've been able to get the drag-and-drop to create a new record
> is by dragging it onto a keyword in the left-hand keyword pane. Then a new
> record is created, with that keyword filled in. This is fine if the right
> keyword already exists, but a nuisance if it doesn't.
>
>  Thanks,
>  Ingrid

Michael McCracken
UCSD CSE PhD Candidate