We might take a look at http://thedata.org/citation and http:// gking.harvard.edu/files/cite.pdf

These try to take a look at linking to the thing itself rather than a location for the thing.

-N
On 9 Oct 2007, at 11:47 AM, Jason Davies wrote:

incidentally, is there an 'accepted' way to link to things like
podcasts (yet)? As more and more become legitimate sources
(prestigious speakers and stable access), is anyone thinking
about how to cite them? In the meantime, does anyone have any
sugestions (eg can we get a unique link to use in BibDesk that
will open a podcast? I know that you can be taken to a
particular podcast on the web, but what about when you have it?
just the usual local-file route to open iTunes? can we jump to a
particular moment to hear a quote?)

I realise the last is very unrealistic (currently) but this is
becoming an issue for me in my work (chiefly when i do Education materials).

----------
Nathan A. Paxton
Ph.D. Candidate
Dept. of Government, Harvard University

Resident Tutor
John Winthrop House, Harvard University

napaxton AT fas DOT harvard DOT edu
http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~napaxton
======================================================================== =============================== When you have to stay eight years away from California, you live in a perpetual state of homesickness.
        - Ronald Reagan

The most courageous act is still to think for yourself.  Aloud.
        -Coco Chanel