On 2007-October-09  , at 22:02 , P Kishor wrote:
> On 10/9/07, François Briatte <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Sorry, what do you mean by 'my' file?
>
> I am not sure what you mean by that question. I am looking at my
> response and I don't see any reference to "my file." I said
> specifically (quoting myself) --

The error message from CiteULike starts by:
        "I got this error when I tried to parse your file"
In this case "your file" is the file from P Kishor he is trying to
import.

>>> Thanks for the advice. I am now trying citeulike as suggested,
>>> but not
>>> very successful at this as well. I am getting a lot of errors
>>> like so,
>>> and then nothing is imported --
>
> everything else is errors reported by CituULike.
>
>> Also, warnings are normal, especially if you forget to mention the
>> authors or use unconventional types.
>
> Yes, I would think so, no? Except, nothing gets imported. My CituULike
> library is empty. Seems like I am using "unconventional types" except
> I am not quite sure what convention to apply to the ones that are
> erroneous as reported by CiteULike. Besides, as you yourself said,
> CiteULike should import at least the others (I have around 100
> entries, and less than 20 show up in the CiteULike's import error
> log). But, nothing is imported.

I suspect it to be caused by your citekey format. I am not sure CuL
can deal with the colon ( : ) in the citekey. Given the error message
(lots of colons inside) I guess CuL breaks citekeys at colons and
trys to read the rest as a field, until the next colon. Try with
another citekey format. The colons there are not very "safe" anyway.

JiHO
---
http://jo.irisson.free.fr/