It seems my answer was a little premature (as Adrian pointed out in
an email to me yesterday).  The solution I provided does indeed
select all duplicates but is not good to just delete the second copy.
Now I am bringing this back since I may run into a similar situation
pretty soon. Has anybody found an easy way to delete only the copies
but leaving one entry in place?

a.