On Nov 3, 2007, at 6:53 PM, Adam M. Goldstein wrote:

>> It works for me, and I traded screenshots with Peter offlist.  His
>> URL
>> is shorter.  What happens if you use
>>
>> http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=sediment+transport+modeling&hl=en&lr=&btnG=Search
>>
>> in the URL field?
>>

> Um, ok, it works, as did the rest of the searches I tried before.
>
> Sorry for the distraction.
>
> I have no idea what happened.
>
> This works really well and it's a great thing.

Next question: I do a search, and I am looking at a google scholar
search page in the upper part of the window, and the scraped-off
bibtex records in the bottom part. Then, I go to the next page of the
search by selecting the "2" at the bottom of the page for page 2 of
the search. But the BibTeX at the bottom of the window stays the same.
How do I get the new references on page 2?

I notice that it takes a really long time (30 secs or so at least) to
load up the second page; the reload arrow to the right of the url
field is an "X" for a while. Does this reflect BibDesk's scraping
action, and is maybe why the new references aren't appearing?

Another suggestion: Can there be web groups in the same way that there
are Z30.50 search groups? Instead of entering a url into the field, I
enter a search key in google scholar; then the url shows up and I pick
up references by moving around through the pages.

-Adam
Adam M. Goldstein PhD
Assistant Professor of Philosophy
Iona College