On 2008-01-29, at 8:23 AM, Christiaan Hofman wrote:

> On 29 Jan 2008, at 5:16 PM, Chris Goedde wrote:
>
>> On Jan 28, 2008, at 5:58 PM, Christiaan Hofman wrote:
>>>
>>> I say that because there is a choice: do you want %u, %U, %n, and
>>> how
>>> many characters and where? We can't know, because we can't
>>> readUsersMind. Doing something arbitrary is wrong. Moreover just
>>> sticking it at the end would be wrong because it would screw up the
>>> file extension.
>>
>> Then put it before the extension, at the end of the basename.
>>

> I already told you that changing the filename *after* generating the
> path from the format is not an option, if that's what you mean. It's
> essentially impossible to do that in our setup. It must be added in
> the format. We can try to change the format to our best guess.
>
> Christiaan

Probably a "check for %e, put it before that, otherwise put it at the
end" would work fine for the cases of people who are too apathetic to
decide whether they want %U %u or %n (A "Yes, Do it for me" button). A
second button for those of us who like things ("No, I'll do it
myself") would probably work for the rest.

-AHM