On 5 Mar 2008, at 9:00 PM, Ingrid Giffin wrote:

> On 3/5/08 12:49 PM, "Christiaan Hofman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>> The best thing you can do is file a bug report at
>>>
>>> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=61487&atid=497423
>>>
>>> Include your OS version, BibDesk version, crash logs, and relevant
>>> console information.
>>>
>>> --
>>> adam
>>
>> Also it's not clear to me really which view you mean, as you refer to
>> "bottom" and "linked documents", while normally the bottom preview
>> displays a text representation of the selected publications.
>
> The bottom pane of the main window displays the pdf file that is
> attached to
> the selected record, because I have "View>>Preview Display>>Linked
> File"
> selected.

Probably that won't matter, because I've removed that option and am
not planning to put it back.

>> Is this only with (very) recent nightlies or longer?
>
> This has been for a few weeks, perhaps.
>>
>> You can find the crash report in Console.app. Look in the sidebar for
>> ~/library Logs >  CrashReporter > BibDesk.crash.log. If you have
>> 10.4.10 and the crash report mentions NSURLConnection near the top
>> this is probably a known bug.
>
> Here are the top few lines from the last crash:
>
> Host Name:      Macintosh-7
> Date/Time:      2008-03-02 01:07:10.543 -0700
> OS Version:     10.4.11 (Build 8S165)
> Report Version: 4
>
> Command: BibDesk
> Parent:  WindowServer [68]
>
> Version: 1.3.14 (v1008)
>
> PID:    2274
>
> Exception:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
> Codes:      KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS (0x0001) at 0x3f800020
>

>> Christiaan
>>

> Should I report it at sourceforge as suggested?
>
> Thanks,
> Ingrid

Please do, but if it's in the linked file PDF view it'll probbaly not
matter. It may be one of the many Tiger bugs in PDFKit. But I cannot
tell without seeing the crash report (I could almost have guessed the
part you pasted because most crash report start with that message).