On 16 Apr 2008, at 10:07 AM, James Owen wrote:

> I just downloaded and had a look at the latest nightly - 20080414.
>

> 1:  In 1.3.14 I had accidentally closed the linked file view, and
> could not find any menu item to open it up again, had to find the
> sliders in the item view. However, there now seems to be a menu item
> in the View Menu to do this.

You can just drag or double-click the divider to open any side pane.

File views now can be in single column mode, which makes them
automatically scale to fit. As the scale is determined by the width,
you cannot zoom in that case and there is no slider. When the view is
not in single column mode, you can zoom using the menu or using the
slider that pops up when you move the mouse to the top or the bottom
of the view. Vertical file views are in single column mode by default,
horizontal ones not.

> 2: The toolbar item "Preview" still links to the oldstyle "Tex
> Preview", which I mentioned a month or so ago. I note that the item in
> the Window Menu now reads "TeX Preview". The tool bar icon text needs
> to be changed to "Tex Preview" as well.
> As you now have menu items to Bottom Preview and Side Preview, do you
> want to have toolbar icons which control these? e.g. to open or close
> the side panel showing the linked files?

I think double clicking and moving the sidebars should be sufficient.
It is just as easy.

> 3: Also the size of the icons is controlled by the slider. With the
> icon view in Finder or in the Dock, holding down option makes the
> icons jump between set sizes, e.g. 32 x 32 and 64 x 64. A purely
> cosmetic feature, I know. I don't see any option to globally set the
> icon size anywhere in the menus or preferences.

Icon scales are remembered automatically per document, new documents
use the last used scale. There is no need for a separate preference
(this would be mostly ignored anyway). Also, there are no real needs
for preset sizes in our preview, we're displaying previews not icons
(mostly).

> 4: Last point about the sidebar.  I can now see attached files for an
> item in the main database view, but if I drag and drop a PDF to that
> sidebar, it does not attach. I have to open the item edit window up,
> and drag the PDF into the sidebar there. Is that intended behaviour?
> I have been trying to link up a large number of PDFs to entries, and
> it would be nice to be able to do that in the main view, without
> opening each item.

See my other mail.

Christiaan