On 8 May 2008, at 12:28 AM, Jung-Tsung Shen wrote:

> I downloaded the latest version v. 1.3.16 to replace v. 1.3.14 just
> now. Every time I opened the program, a warning message popped up,
> saying
>
> "Incorrect encoding
>
> The document will be opened with encoding Unicode (UTF-8), but it was
> previously saved with encoding Western (ASCII). YOu should cancel
> opening and then reopen with the correct encoding."
>
> I tried the "cancel", "reopen", and "ignore" options, but the warning
> message popped up again.
>
> What should I do?
>
> Thanks.
>
> JT

Does the default encoding in the Files preferences say UTF-8 for you
now? If so, you can just choose "Ignore", and then use Save As...,
choosing UTF-8 from the encoding popup in the save panel. You can just
overwrite the old version. After that you should be OK. Alternatively,
you can go to the Files preferences and choose ASCII as the default
encoding to open and save files. It depends on if you ever want to be
able to use non-ASCII characters in the file.

Sorry for the inconvenience.