Hi Adam,

well I am able to either search/see tags with smart folders
("tag:promotion") directly,
or
- use HoudahSpot (specifying openmeta-tags as a search-criterion)
- use Tagit by ironic software (free) (creates smart folders; can
search tags in the HUD-interface), the developers plan to implement
the use of openmenta tags into Leap and Yep, Deep, a picture-
management solution  is already using openmeta-tags.
- use Tags (Shareware, I'd call it early release-software, currently a
private beta which overcomes some bugs with tagging and umlauts;
importing of tags is still not properly implemented ) (creates smart
folders; can search tags in interface)

But I have to say: I am not (yet) utilizing openmeta-tags and use the
spotlight-comment ("&"). This is still very much a developing standard
as discussion in the ironic software forum show.

I plan to use this and convert my tagging system from the spotlight-
comment thing to manage sources (which not all can be kept as
references in BibDesk) and lots of other files on my mac.

Greetings,

Rolf

Rolf Schmolling M.A. Historian, rolf.schmoll...@alumni.tu-berlin.de
http://rolf_schmolling.macbay.de/