On May 4, 2009, at 6:42 PM, Luc Bourhis wrote:
> 1) My collaborators keep complaining about the Bdsk-File-1 entries
> which takes a very large amount of text editor screen space (not to
> mention bandwith), to no avail for them.

Install bibtool [*] and execute the following command in the terminal:

 > bibtool -q -i original.bib -r filter.rsc -M /dev/null -o new.bib

Here filter.rsc is a file that contains the following text:

delete.field = { date-added }
delete.field = { date-modified }
delete.field = { bdsk-file-1 }
delete.field = { bdsk-file-2 }
delete.field = { bdsk-url-1 }
delete.field = { bdsk-url-2 }

--
Mark

*: If you have MacPorts, type "sudo port install BibTool". Otherwise,
download from here: http://www.gerd-neugebauer.de/software/TeX/BibTool.en.html
.