Hi all,

This may have been asked before, but I have failed to find an answer.
If it was asked, I would appreciate a pointer so I can read about it.

So this is the problem: I write some documents using latex/bibtex and
some others (essentially with collaborators who don't use latex) with
Pages. For Pages, I use CiteinPages.

Now, wherever a publication includes accented/special characters, for
example in author's names, then:

1. If the entry is written in proper bibtex format:

@article{Vanacova:2005aa,
        Author = {Van{\'a}cov{\'a}, Step{\'a}nka and Wolf, Jeannette and
Martin, Georges and Blank, Diana and Dettwiler, Sabine and Friedlein,
Arno and Langen, Hanno and Keith, Gérard and Keller, Walter},
        Journal = {PLoS Biol},
        Journal-Full = {PLoS biology},
        Month = {Jun},
        Number = {6},
        Pages = {e189},
        Title = {A new yeast poly(A) polymerase complex involved in RNA
quality control},
        Volume = {3},
        Year = {2005}}

then latex/bibtex do what they promise but Pages/CiteinPages show the
author's name with the brackets, etc

2. If the entry is left as it was imported from PubMed, that is, with
accented characters:

@article{Vanacova:2005aa,
        Author = {Vanácová, Stepánka and Wolf, Jeannette and Martin, Georges
and Blank, Diana and Dettwiler, Sabine and Friedlein, Arno and Langen,
Hanno and Keith, Gérard and Keller, Walter},
        Journal = {PLoS Biol},
        Journal-Full = {PLoS biology},
        Month = {Jun},
        Number = {6},
        Pages = {e189},
        Title = {A new yeast poly(A) polymerase complex involved in RNA
quality control},
        Volume = {3},
        Year = {2005}}

Pages/CiteinPages show the citation as I would like but when I use
latex/bibtex I lose the accented characters.

Is there a way out of this situation?

Thanks a lot!

Miguel
--
Miguel Ortiz Lombardía
Architecture et Fonction des Macromolécules Biologiques (UMR6098)

believed to be clean.