Dear BibDesk-users,

after searching the Wiki, the BibDesk help and the mailing list archives
(which unfortunately did not bring any solution to my problem, although
JiHO had a similar problem back in 2007) I am coming up with a question
related to Dublin Core (DC) in BibDesk.

I am posing my question in two ways, a short and a long one:

A) short version:

Could someone send me a proper DC XML file which BibDesk successfully
imports? (the longer version below has an example XML file which does not).

B) longer version:

I have to deal a lot with one particular bibliography for German
Studies. It would be good to be able to use http://www.bdsl-online.de/
directly from within BibDesk (1) or import references exported from
there (2).

1)
The "new publication from web" dialog is trying to interpret content
from the page as DC Metadata. It fails, quite like the case JiHO had;
also quite similarly there is a difference between directly using an URL
like
http://www.bdsl-online.de/bdsldb/suche/titelaufnahme.xml?vid=03523E0B-3134-4B52-934E-12B4941D619E&Skript=titelaufnahme&Publikation_ID=36748&contenttype=text/html

(which does not trigger the "would you like to import from META" alert)
and searching/navigating from within BibDesk's builtin browser (opening
the http://www.bdsl-online.de/ start page already brings up the alert).

2)
BDSL is offering DC export which looks like the entry below, but when
trying to open it in BibDesk I get this error:
'The document “bdsl.xml” could not be opened. BibDesk cannot open files
in the “EndNote XML” format.'

<vl:shortrecords origin="BLLDB" rights="&copy; 2006
Universit&auml;tsbibliothek Frankfurt/M. / BLLDB Online"
xmlns:vl="http://semantics.de/schema/vl/1.0/";
xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/";
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";>
        <vl:shortrecord id="25389" type="2">
                <dc:contributor>
                        hrsg. von Hansjörg Schelle
                </dc:contributor>
                <dc:title>
                        Christoph Martin Wieland : nordamerikan.
Forschungsbeitr. zur 250.
Wiederkehr seines Geburtstages 1983
                </dc:title>
                <dc:publisher>
                        Tübingen: Niemeyer
                </dc:publisher>
                <dc:date>
                        2004
                </dc:date>
                <dc:identifier scheme="isbn">
                        3-484-10469-4
                </dc:identifier>
        </vl:shortrecord>
</vl:shortrecords>

Any ideas, experiences and hints? Did someone on the list manage to
solve a similar issue?

Thanks in advance,
Stephan