On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 1:46 PM, Christiaan Hofman <cmhof...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Jan 24, 2010, at 8:20, Ken Mankoff wrote:
>
> > Hi BibDesk Users List,
> >
> > I'd like to be able to select a few PDFs, or an entire group, and be
> > able to move them all (to a new folder, onto a Kindle, etc.). I
> > don't see a way to export the PDFs. I see a Reveal in File option
> > but can only drag-and-drop one at a time. Is there a way that
> > AppleScripts could be used for this?
> >
> > I've never coded in AppleScript before. If someone might be able to
> > provide a template I would be grateful. Paths can be hard-coded as
> > I'll always be exporting to the same place.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> >   -k.
> >   http://kenmankoff.com
>
> You could use the auto-file feature, through Publication > AutoFile Linked
> Files. Make sure you use the proper settings in the prefs, e.g. use the
> target folder as your papers folder.
>
> Of course that's not really appropriate for one-time specific moves, even
> though it works.
>
> You can also use AppleScript to do that.
>
> Christiaan

Here's a simple AppleScript that moves the linked files of the selected
items to a chosen folder.

set theFolder to choose folder
tell application "BibDesk"
    set thePubs to (get selection of document 1)
    repeat with thePub in thePubs
        set thePub to contents of thePub
        tell thePub
            set theNumberOfFiles to count of linked files
            repeat with i from 1 to theNumberOfFiles
                set theFile to linked file i
                if theFile is not missing value then
                    tell application "Finder"
                        move theFile to theFolder
                    end tell
                end if
            end repeat
        end tell
    end repeat
end tell

After you've moved linked files outside BD, it's a good idea to save the
.bib file, so links are properly updated in BD as well as on disk.