On Feb 7, 2010, at 13:39, Christiaan Hofman wrote:

> On Feb 7, 2010, at 13:12, Christiaan Hofman wrote:
>

>> On Feb 7, 2010, at 12:52, Alex Hamann wrote:
>>
>>> I did the following now:
>>>     - delete all bibdesk-related files in ~/Library
>>
>> that includes ~/Library/Preferences/edu.ucsd.cs.mmccrack.bibdesk.plist?
>>
>>>     - delete Bibdesk
>>>     - run all maintenance scripts in Onyx
>>>     - reboot
>>>     - reinstall latest nightly
>>> I still get a crash. Also, no new pref files are created in ~/Library
>>> Concerning your question about BDSKGroupFieldsSeparatorCharactersKey : I
>>> would not know how to override it and I only "mess" with Bibdesk's settings
>>> from withing its own preference menu.
>>> However, booting with my admin account and launching Bibdesk works. So it
>>> MUST be related to something in my personal settings, right? Any ideas?
>>>
>>> Alex
>>>

>> Perhaps you can't access your prefs plist from your other account?
>
> Perhaps a problem is the privileges on the copy of the BibDesk.app bundle?
> Can you read its content from your other account?
>
> Christiaan

I think I've figured out your problem.The problem is just in the nightly
builds, but not in BibDesk itself (its sources). Many resources inside the
nightly builds have the wrong access privileges, which means that nightly
builds can only be run from the accounts that owns them (from where it was
installed). This must have something to do with the way the nightlies are built
by Adam, though I don't know what exactly.

Anyway, it means this is not a blocker for the next release, because actual
releases don't have this problem.