On May 29, 2010, at 1:55 PM, Bryan Kibbe wrote:

> Is it possible that somehow bibdesk entries in a library become linked
> together? This seems to be my problem. In one of my libraries I created
> several static groups. But then references got mixed up, and I have tried to
> delete some references from various static groups, but when I remove the
> reference from the static group, save, quit, and restart, the reference just
> reappears in the static group. I then completely deleted those static groups.
> I create two new and empty static groups, one called "A" and one called "B."
> (Which are totally different names from what I had previously). When I add a
> single reference from the library to either of the groups, save, quit, and
> restart bibdesk, the static group now has added  about 20 additional
> references to each group. These are not random references, but consistently
> they are the same references that I cannot seem to ever separate from each
> other by removing some from a static group. Any ideas? Is there any way to
> reset the information on a bibdesk entry?

I'm not totally sure what you are trying to do, but I think I have an idea. Why
not create a smart group for records with a key word such as "group A" or
whatever the topic is. Then put that key word in the key words field of the
appropriate records.

The idea that the groups' contents are recreated after you've cleared them out,
quit, and restarted is a strange one. I think I must be confused about what you
are trying to do or else that might more sense to me.

To "reset" information---you might be able to use the database search and
replace, if what you want to do is clear a field. But again I am not able to
reconstruct exactly what you are thinking here.

Adam

Adam M. Goldstein PhD, MSLIS
--
z_california...@shiftingbalance.org