On May 26, 2011, at 17:37, Kristofer Monisit wrote:

> How do I list all the authors in my database, so that it will allow me to
> edit the duplicate names (but different name formats). I'm looking for
> something like a central list of all authors, such that I don't have to open
> individual entries to make author names consistent.

The closest you can get is with field groups, I believe:

http://bibdesk.sourceforge.net/manual/BibDesk%20Help_33.html

See the note at the bottom re: editing.  You need to be aware that not all the
authors it puts under a given name will necessarily have exactly the same name,
since it uses some fuzzy matching.

I think you'll also have to do author/editor/translator fields separately,
whereas they're lumped into the author list in the editor window.

hth,
Adam