On Aug 5, 2011, at 01:06 , Sebastian wrote:

> I am happy to switch to a different style, but could not find a suitable one
> so far.
> I could modify the style, but I have never programmed anything and have no
> idea where to start deleting or changing things when I open the style....

I suggest you look at using custom-bib [1] to create a new bst, but I'm not
sure it supports footnotes.  Deleting the fields from your database is
definitely the wrong thing to do.

If all you need to do is remove a couple of fields, modifying jurabib.bst is
probably straightforward, by modifying format.pages and format.note functions
to do nothing or remove them where they are called.  I recommend that you save
the .bst under a new name, especially for experimenting.

[1] http://www.ctan.org/pkg/custom-bib