On Aug 7, 2011, at 08:03 , Christian Pleul wrote:

> Sorry, if I asked it before and just forgot. Anyway, would it not a an
> interesting feature, since I can imagine that people who studying e.g.
> research papers use this field to put their notes and excerpts in the annote
> field.

Interesting, yes, but there has to be a cutoff point.  For instance, suppose
I'd rather have abstract searchable instead of annote.  Who wins?

There are additional problems involved due to the use of Search Kit for
searching, as you have to create a separate index for each field that is
indexed.  Computationally, this will get expensive for larger fields &
bibliographies, so you could end up with a beachball on opening a document.

--
Adam