Dear Adam,

Many thanks for this most valuable information. Indeed, in the meantime I got a
confirmation from company Thomson Reuters that they have switched from version
1.0 to 2.0 of their web services, including the SOAP access as of 31st August
2012.

Unfortunately I need very urgently ISI WOS in BibDesk back.

Any idea what could be done?

Notably I have for sure following questions for the time being:

1) Where are search details as contained in a .bdsksearch file actually stored
in BibDesk once such a search has been installed?
 I have consulted the help pages, and examples of .bdsksearch files are also
not that difficult to construct from scratch. But this all did not answer me
this question. Have I overlooked something or is it really missing.

2) What URL is "Searches -> Web of Science SCI" using?
In the current case I opened with Thomson Reuters, they are asking me this
question, but I do not know what to answer.

3) Can I edit or at least see Web of Science SCI search specs at the XML level?
Is there a way to edit a search once its .bdsksearch file has been installed? I
looked for plist files, but neither inside the application BibDesk nor in
~/Library/Application Support could I find the wanted information.

4) Can I look at a SOAP protocol during an attempt to access the ISI WOS
service?
In the current case I opened with Thomson Reuters, they are asking me for the
exact error message that was returned, but I can not answer that question
unless I could look at the protocol of a query using SOAP access.

Maybe you Adam or someone else can help me a bit by at least answering some or
all of these questions.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Andreas