Hi List,

My BibDesk seems slow. There doesn't seem to be much mention of
this on the mailing list, except one mention that having Date
fields displayed could slow it down. That doesn't seem to be the
issue.

It takes ~4 seconds for operations that touches the .bib file.
This includes New Publication (CMD+N), Delete item (Backspace), or
Save (CMD+S).

The following is fast: It takes ~1 second to search, and less than
that to sort, even on date columns. I've tried disabling most
columns, with no change in speed.

I'm running the latest nightly, and have 2600 entries in my Bib
file, which is 4.8 MB and saved with Unicode UTF-8 format. I have
no Abstracts in the Bib file to keep it smaller.

My computer is a bit old - 2009 MacBook Pro, but it has an SSD and
8 GB of RAM, and every other app is responsive.

Do any of you have similar response times? If so, what size file,
how many entries, and what hardware?

Thanks,

  -k.