Hi, all,

I'm seeing strange behavior with BibDesk 1.6.5 on 10.6.8.  Christiaan has
looked at it and tried to clarify the issue, but so far, no explanation (see
bugs #1485 and #1486 for the discussion).

If anyone has a 10.6.8 (or any 10.6) system lying around, and has a little time
to spare, can you try this out?  Note that I do not see the problem with
BibDesk 1.6.4.

There are two (presumably related) symptoms:
1. If I select a pub, I do not see the PDF'd citation in either the preview
pane (below the pub list) *or* the separate preview window.  The tab displaying
the log file does update correctly.

2. Once I do see the citations (in either window), changing the selection in
the pub window (either modifying the selection or making a new selection) does
not change displayed citation(s).

I can get the display in either window to update only (as far as I can tell) by
changing the window's zoom factor (the % popup in the lower right).  The two
windows are independent, and changing one zoom factor only affects that window.

Thanks in advance!

Justin

PS: Christiaan has put up a test version to see what might be going wrong, but
it has provided no insights for him when run on my system.  The URL in the
#1485 bug points to the .dmg (beware: that URL has a trailing "." which leads
to an error page; removing that "." leads to the download).

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon at Large