Noob here. I am using BibDesk with LyX, writing an IEEE Transactions paper
using the ieeetrans template within LyX.

I have references in BibDesk that have fields such as DOI, URL, and ISSN that
are filled in. I do not want these fields to appear in the IEEE paper as this
is not compatible with the IEEE referencing format. Yet, when I create a PDF
from within LyX, these items do in fact appear in the bibliography.

How do I suppress these unwanted fields? Or is this a LyX question?

Thanks,
Jerry