I agree, would really be nice. But the problem is that the doi2bib website
offers as the default button only the 'get BibTeX’ button and I found no
solution to get the result into the clipboard, i.e. how to click the button
‘Copy Bib to Clipboard’ I would know how to trigger via AppleScript in a robust
manner. Clicking via page/window coordinates is probably not working as the
size of the window varies all the time. We would need to ask the doi2bib people
to implement such a fieature, e.g. by making the ‘Copy Bib to Clipboard’ button
the default button once the ‘get BibTeX’ button has been clicked successfully.
Then all would be easy to implement as you suggest.

Andreas

ETH Zurich
Prof. em. Dr. Andreas Fischlin
IPCC Vice-Chair WGII
Systems Ecology - Institute of Biogeochemistry and Pollutant Dynamics
CHN E 24
Universitaetstrasse 16
8092 Zurich
SWITZERLAND

andreas.fisch...@env.ethz.ch<mailto:andreas.fisch...@env.ethz.ch>
www.sysecol.ethz.ch/people/andreas.fischlin.html<http://www.sysecol.ethz.ch/people/andreas.fischlin.hml>

+41 44 633-6090 phone
+41 44 633-1136 fax
+41 79 595-4050 mobile

             Make it as simple as possible, but distrust it!