Hi,

I see, thanks. Unfortunately, I have enabled Reduced Transparency in System
Preferences > Accessibility > Display, so changing the Desktop background
cannot change anything on my machine. But indeed disabling that, and setting
the Desktop background as entirely black increases the contrast between the
numbers and their background. I don’t know if there is any connection but Mail
displays more legible count badges.

Best wishes,

Luc