Alan,

thanks so much for your help. It now compiles without error, but the file is
empty, this seems to be the relevant bit:

(/usr/local/texlive/2023/texmf-dist/tex/latex/apa7/config/APA7american.txt
File: APA7american.txt 2020/12/02 v1.02 apa7 configuration for American English

)
Package caption Info: Begin \AtBeginDocument code.
Package caption Info: End \AtBeginDocument code.

LaTeX Warning: Citation 'Mandl:2023ab' undefined on input line 13.

LaTeX Warning: Empty bibliography on input line 14.

AED endfloat: Processing end Figures and Tables (./bibpreview.aux)

LaTeX Warning: There were undefined references.

Package rerunfilecheck Info: File `bibpreview.out' has not changed.
(rerunfilecheck)             Checksum: D41D8CD98F00B204E9800998ECF8427E;0.

Package biblatex Warning: Please (re)run Biber on the file:
(biblatex)                bibpreview
(biblatex)                and rerun LaTeX afterwards.

Package logreq Info: Writing requests to 'bibpreview.run.xml'.
\openout1 = `bibpreview.run.xml’.

Any idea how to get around this?

Best greetings,
Bertolt