Why the Need for Such a Book?

I have been asked many times what has motivated me to take an analytical look
at the positions taken by the Sunnis and the Shias with respect to the
teachings of Islam. I believe a brief account of my life would explain why I
took up this task. I hope that this humble work, with the help of Allah, will
be useful to those who care for the truth.
I was born in a middle-class modern Iranian family during the Shah’s regime.
The second of four brothers, I grew up in an environment of conflicting values;
an environment in which many Muslim youth are still living and suffering.

We were told by the advancement of science in the twentieth century that there
was no longer a need to follow the commandments of Allah and to obey His
blessed Prophet, upon whom be peace. We were taught not to believe in ideas
such as God-consciousness, sin, the virgin birth of Jesus, life after death,
the Day of Judgment, Hell fire, and Paradise.

At the same time, we were not to discard them totally. The result was a life
based on a compromise between the divinely ordained way of life and a manmade,
materialistic, modern way of life. This compromise brought about great distress
and confusion to even the “educated and enlightened” class. As for children,
this confusion grew worse as they grew up and faced many problems related to
their individual and social life. For example, we were told it was acceptable
to have a girlfriend or a boyfriend (a modern concept) but not acceptable to
have sexual relations outside marriage (an Islamic concept).

to continue reading click here

Kirim email ke