JIM CONRAD'S NATURALIST NEWSLETTER
Issued from the Sierra Nevada Foothills east of
Sacramento, California
June 26, 2005

*****

WHY BOTHER WITH BUTTERFLIES?
There are reasons for going butterflying beyond the mere fact that filling 
your head with butterfly colors and elaborate wing patterns, instead of the 
usual daily clutter, is pleasing, maybe even therapeutic. Let me tell you 
one reason why it's so important to me.

When I left the Kentucky farm for college in 1965, I almost flunked out my 
freshman year. Because of poor grades I was put on probation. One of my 
problems was that I spent so much time in the library studying issues 
important to me, not the mind- numbing stuff of my classes.

The two subjects I researched most were religion, because I wanted to know 
"which one was right," and the other was hypnotism, because nothing in the 
concept I had of humanity suggested any reason at all for the strange 
phenomenon of hypnotism to exist. What did it mean that humans were so 
suggestible?

http://www.backyardnature.net/n/05/050626.htm



Apply for Commercial Real Estate loans online and submit your deal to dozens of 
hungry lenders in just minutes. Loan programs for all types of business and 
commercial real estate. Apply anytime at http://realestatezoo.com 

BiFem :) a bifem.net publication
--------------------------------
Post message: [email protected] 
Subscribe:  [EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Unsubscribe:  [EMAIL PROTECTED] 
List owner:  [EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Web Site: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BiFem 
Chatoom: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BiFem/chat

Visit BiFemLounge our 24 hour chatroom at http://bifem.net

Get a New Orleans Free Email account at http://bifem.net

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BiFem/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to