The eyewitness accounts of those who survived the dropping of the atomic bomb on Hiroshima 60 years ago today.

I turned back when there was  an intense flash like the magnesium light used for photographing. By reflex,  I crouched or rather, I felt down. And that was  when  I
was jolted and knocked down by an immense force. The force and my fall all took place at the same time, all in one moment. When the blow  came, I closed my eyes but I could still feel  the  extreme heat.  To  say the least, it was like being  roasted  alive  many times  over

We were about to form lines facing the front, we saw B29 approaching and  about fly over us.  All of us were looking up the sky, pointing out the aircraft.   Then the teachers came out from the  school  building and  the  class leaders gave the command to fall in.   Our  faces were  all  shifted from the direction of the sky to that  of  the platform.  That was the moment when the blast came.  And then the tremendous  noise came and we were left in the dark.  I  couldn't see  anything  at  the  moment of explosion  just  like  in  this picture.  We had been blown by the blast.  Of course, I  couldn't realize  this  until the darkness disappeared.  

I didn't see the Mushroom cloud.  I was trying to  find my  daughter.  They told me I couldn't go beyond the  bridge.   I thought she might be back home, so I went back as far as  Nikitsu Shrine.  Then, the black rain started falling from the sky.   And I wondered what it was.  And it was what's called the black rain. Interviewer: Can you tell us what was the black rain like? Tomoyasu:  It was like a heavy rain.  And I had my air-raid  hood on, so I didn't get it on my head fortunately, but it fell on  my hands.   And  I ran and ran

http://robwire.com/?q=node/145



Apply for Commercial Real Estate loans online and submit your deal to dozens of hungry lenders in just minutes. Loan programs for all types of business and commercial real estate. Apply anytime at http://realestatezoo.com

BiFem :) a bifem.net publication
--------------------------------
Post message: [email protected]
Subscribe:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unsubscribe:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
List owner:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web Site: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BiFem
Chatoom: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BiFem/chat

Visit BiFemLounge our 24 hour chatroom at http://bifem.net

Get a New Orleans Free Email account at http://bifem.net





YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS




Reply via email to