Written at Hacienda San Juan Lizárraga about a mile
east of Telchac Pueblo, Yucatan, Mexico, and issued
from Hotel Reef Yucatan ( http://www.reefyucatan.com/)
on the coast ten miles north of San Juan.
Back in 1988 I thought my book-writing career was
taking off. I'd sold a book, SPRING COMES TO THE
SOUTH, about my wandering throughout the US Southeast
chronicling the signs of spring, to Dodd, Mead &
Company, a New York publishing company with a very
long, distinguished history. They liked my book so
much they encouraged me to do a second one, Spring
Comes to the Southwestern Desert, where I wandered
all through the US Desert Southwest chronicling the
arrival of spring.
On my last week of traveling for that book I picked
up my mail forwarded to Mexican Hat, Utah and found
that Dodd, Mead, after more than a century of
publishing, was bankrupt. They wouldn't publish
either of my books. They never returned the copyright
to me of the first one, which they had bought, so my
work on it was completely lost and I took the first
of many financial losses on such projects. Eventually
I published six books before realizing that I'd never
more than break even writing books. Then I began
freelancing for magazines, which paid a little
better.
http://robwire.com/?q=node/835
Apply for Commercial Real Estate loans online and submit your deal to dozens of hungry lenders in just minutes. Loan programs for all types of business and commercial real estate. Apply anytime at http://realestatezoo.com
BiFem :) a bifem.net publication
--------------------------------
Post message: [email protected]
Subscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unsubscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
List owner: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web Site: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BiFem
Chatoom: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BiFem/chat
Visit BiFemLounge our 24 hour chatroom at http://bifem.net
Get a New Orleans Free Email account at http://bifem.net
YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
- Visit your group "BiFem" on the web.
- To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
- Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
