Sounds like good stuff, Eric.  I assume that your group is familiar with the
America Bikes Campaign and Rails-to-Trails work on reauthorization.  I think
they are making real progress...at least if you consider working within the
established framework progress (I know that some don't). Both Safe Routes to
School federal funding and the Sheboygan Pilot Project are due in large part to
their efforts. Sounds like the your group and these two are natural partners.
Rails to Trails has already been to Madison to gather support for the next
reauthorization battle.

Every spring Wisconsin sends a delegation of citizens to DC to lobby with these
groups.  Anyone who wants to tag along probably should contact the Bicycle
Federation to get hooked up with the delegation. It's an interesting experience.
-Dar